All volunteers, both new and returning, must complete the volunteer orientation and volunteer registration prior to volunteering. All volunteers who will be working one on one with a student need to complete a background check. The volunteer orientation course is available on Canvas, and directions on how to complete the other items are included within the course and on pages 7 and 8 of the volunteer handbook.
- Complete the virtual volunteer orientation on Canvas.
- You can watch this video for a tutorial on accessing and navigating U4H Canvas courses.
- Complete the volunteer registration form.
- Complete a background check form if working one-on-one with students. Inform your coordinator once you have cleared your background check.
- Track your volunteerism hours after every volunteer opportunity.