Please use this checklist to complete the volunteer process. You can click on the green text to access each item. All volunteers, both new and returning, must complete the volunteer orientation and volunteer registration prior to volunteering. All volunteers who will be working one on one with a student need to complete a background check. The volunteer orientation course is available on Canvas, and directions on how to complete the other items are included within the course and on pages 7 and 8 of the volunteer handbook.
- Complete the virtual volunteer orientation on Canvas.
- You can watch this video for a tutorial on accessing and navigating U4H Canvas courses.
- Review the volunteer handbook and COVID-19 addendum to assist you in completing the volunteer registration form and background check.
- Complete the volunteer registration form.
- Complete a background check form if working one-on-one with students. Inform your coordinator once you have cleared your background check.
- Track your volunteerism hours after every volunteer opportunity.